It’s that time of year where the focus shifts to goal setting, annual planning, and establishing new vision boards for the new year!
The best way to achieve your goals is to keep them at the forefront of your thoughts so that you are always reminded to seek opportunities to help you move closer to reaching them.
Vision boards are one of the most valuable tools you can use to visualize and achieve your life’s most significant goals. The inspirational collages serve as an image of your future. When you use pictures and images to represent your goals, you are stimulating and strengthening your emotional connection to your goal.
Here is a simple ideas for making an empowering vision board to help you visualize your goals.
1. Create a list of goals you want to achieve. You have to know what your goals are before you can begin to visualize them. Spend some time getting clear on exactly what you want in your life.
2. Gather old magazines with beautiful pictures. If you don’t read magazines or don’t have any in your house, you can see if your friends or family having any they are willing to part with.
3. Find pictures that represent your goals and inspire you. Flip through the magazines that you’ve gathered and cut out any images that you come across that represent the goals you’ve set and those that you have an emotional connection to. As you look at the photos, look for those that immediately make a connection with you and makes you say, “That’s what I want in my life.” The pictures don’t have to be of objects or literal interpretations of what you want, but should be ones that make you feel a certain way.
4. Make a collage out of the pictures you’ve gathered. Take a large poster board or piece of construction paper and begin attaching the images with tape or glue. They don’t have to be in any order, just make sure the arrangement is visually pleasing to you.
5. Add motivational phrases and affirmation words that represent how you feel. The vision you have for your ideal life should be focused on the stuff you want as much as how you want your life to feel. Add words to your vision board that describes how you want to feel daily.
6. Take a few moments every day to contemplate your vision board. It is essential to place your vision board in a place where you can see it every day.
Creating a vision board that represents what you want most from your life is an important step for achieving your goals. Vision boards are simple to create and can greatly improve your chances of achieving your goals. As you begin to piece your ideas and visuals together for your vision board don’t forget to let your creativity run free and of course have fun creating the vision for your future.
Want more inspiration to create your vision board? Everybody loves Oprah so check out this article on “How to Make a Vision Board” on Oprah’s Daily website. Thanks us later :-)!
2 thoughts on “Vision Board Ideas for Goal-Getting in 2023”